DAY IN THE ISLANDS – Private Self-Paddle in Gulf of Phuket (Phang-Nga Bay) with Fast Longtail Boat
FOR: People who want to explore the bay by Fast Longtail Boat and try and learn Sea Kayaking. Both Sit-On-Top and decked boats available. Perfect in tandem with Hong By Starlight trip for guests who previously booked hotel and people who do not want to camp overnight or want to explore the Bay by themselves on a long-tail boat.
This is your introduction to real sea kayaking. Be warned – it’s dangerously addictive. Try hard-shell kayaking in spectacular Phang Nga Bay. We depart Phuket early morning in a Fast Longtail Boat and circumvent North Phang Nga Bay in one day, kayaking two or three of the most spectacular spots on the Planet. Your guide gives you basic kayaking instruction so you can paddle your own kayak. Or, you can opt to paddle a double kayak with a guide. Customize the itinerary with your lead guide, probably born and raised in Phang Nga Bay. Includes customized transfers, Fast Longtail Boat, Guide staff, bottled water and lunch at an Island Thai Restaurant. SOTAR inflatables are also available for kids and seniors.
What to bring: towel, bathing clothes, dry & warm clothes for the way back, sunglasses, sun cream, good weather and a camera or smart phone (at own risk… we do provide dry-bags… at your own risk;)
Pick-up & Drop-off from entire Phuket Island by Luxury Mini-van included!
Note: Contact reservations to check if we have bookings for DIS on trip date and get a discount by sharing your Private boat with other customers. (Boat max capacity = 6 persons)
Rather do an overnight expedition combining this itinerary and Hong By Starlight? Click here
For custom packages Click here
Day in the Islands
||Depart Ao Po in Fast Longtail Boat (Big Longtail with Cabin and Truck Engine).
Develop your personal itinerary with your lead guide.
||Arrive to the first island and circumnavigate – walk-in mangrove hong (tide permitting)
||Continue to Second Island
||Circumnavigate second Island
||Finish paddle, return to boat
||Arrive Koh Yao Yai for lunch in local Thai restaurant
||Return to Boat
||Arrive last island, circumnavigate and snorkeling
||Depart for Ao Po
||Arrive Ao Po, transfer to your hotel
||Arrive at your hotel. End of trip.
NOTE: This is a sample Itinerary to give you a concept of a typical day; Trip itinerary may change according to the tides
What John Gray's Sea Canoe Costs Cover:
- Hotel or Airport pick-up and drop off
- Escort boat (when applicable)
- John Gray's Sea Canoe gear
- John Gray's Sea Canoe well educated and experienced guides
- Full Board meal plan
- Soft Drinks and Water Camping and Cooking gear
- User fees
- John Gray's Sea Canoe Ground tours. (Trip itineraries lists any exceptions)
John Gray's Sea Canoe Costs do not cover:
- Airfares (unless stated), Hotels (unless stated), Ground transfers (except to and from Sea Canoe)
- Additional sightseeing- Visa/ Airport Fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Medical Immunizations
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Medical or Travel Insurance.
- Medical and Hospitalization costs
- Emergency Evacuation costs
- Items of a Personal Nature
- Trip Delay compensation beyond the control of John Gray's Sea Canoe or our agents
John Gray's Sea Canoe holds public liability insurance with the New Hampshire Insurance Company. We advise all guests to take out travel and medical insurance before making a trip
- John Gray's Sea Canoe reserves the right to make reasonable changes in your itinerary where deemed advisable for the comfort and well being of trip members
- By advancing your deposit to John Gray's Sea Canoe or our agents, you therefore agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions